1. I used to think that I was really funny. Like soooo funny that I could be a comedian. I guess that's because people laughed at me a lot.
2. I used to think that my stomach filled my entire torso, and that different foods would fall into different columns as I ate them. Like Connect4 or something. Hence, I always had room for dessert.
3. I used to think that the twins who lifeguarded at my pool who were Katie and Mary Hart were the children of Gary Hart the politician.
4. I used to think that my Uncle Ronnie couldn't talk. When he finally spoke to me to ask me to bring him a beer, I just stood there with my mouth open. He was just quieter than the rest of the family.
5. I used to think that foreign languages were just like a code, and that if I could figure out the letter-to-letter correspondence between English and French I would be fluent. I spent an afternoon trying to do this with a book from the library.